Re: WARNING - Virus infected messages on list

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 11:59:35PM -0500, Mike wrote:
> In case no one has noticed yet, there are a bunch of virus infected messages
> coming through here on the debian-users list.  For information on this
> virus, go to:
>
> http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.navidad.html
>
> Those of us using Linux for email have nothing to worry about (of course).
> However it seems that there are quite a few that do use Outlook Express,
> which - as near as I can tell - is what this virus targets.
>
> Just wanted to put out a heads-up for everyone.
>
> (Okay, okay.  Technically this thing is actually a worm.  But it can still
> do damage.)

very true all they do is annoy GNU/Linux users as well as everyone
else who uses a real MUA that is not vulnerable to this crap.

I hearby propose that the list automatically reject all postings that
appear to have been sent using MS Outlook.   this way this garbage
won't happen each and every time ya new Outlook worm comes out.

to subscribers forced to use win* for mail please switch to a real MUA
that has been designed with just a pinch of clue, say Eudora.

/me is VERY tempted to write a procmail rule to scan for X-Mailer:
MS Outhouse and file it all into /dev/null.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/