Re: apt-get down :'(

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 12:19:34AM +0100, Virginie-ML wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry I'm new here and start with a question, which is not really
> correct, but I've a real problem : I've just installed my debian and all
> worked fine, then I upgraded to gnome-helix, installed slrn...and
> now apt-get seems to be definitively broken and I don't understand Why
> :'((
>
> I tried to remove, purge, reinstall...nothing...I also tried dselect and
> hold broken packages...still nothing :'(((
> The number of broken packages is growing and standard ones also become
> corrupted ...I fear it's serious...
>
> Would anybody have an idea pleeeease ?..

hmm. if you have "apt-setup" available, that might reset
your sources.list, if that's the problem. but you may be
further up the creek than that. (out of my league, if so.)

i wouldn't expect slrn to affect apt -- gnome-helix is
an X window environment, so i wouldn't expect much interference
there, either. did anything interrupt power while installing?
or maybe a power loss last week might scramble one bit that
wouldn't leave any fingerprints until now?

--
There are only two places in the world where time takes
precedence over the job to be done.  School and prison.

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

volunteer to document your experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc