Re: sound-slot-0 not found

You can get rid of the message by adding

     alias sound-slot-0 off
     alias sound-service-0 off

to /etc/modutils/aliases, followed by running /sbin/update-modules.
Dunno why you're seeing that if sound's actually working, tho... I've
only seen that message when no (configured) sound card was present, and
the kernel was compiled with sound support.

Good luck!