AC-97 audio and MC-97 modem?

I'm going to be upgrading my computer soon, most likely with a
motherboard with a KX133 (with an Athlon) or a KT133 (with a Duron or
Thunderbird) chipset.

Does anyone have any experience with those chipsets/CPUs in Debian?  Are
there any problems with them?

And, specifically, since all the motherboards I'm finding have only one
ISA slot, and I have two ISA cards (an SB AWE64 soundcard and a very
reliable internal 56k modem), I'm curious about the on-board "AC-97
audio" and "MC-97 modem".  Does anyone know if they work in Linux?  If
they do work, are they reliable?  Or are they flaky enough that I would
be better off grabbing an Ensoniq for sound or an external modem?

(I hate having to ask this here, but I can't find them on any hardware
compatibility lists.)

Thanks for any advice.

--
Tom
"I myself know nothing, except just a little, enough to extract an