Re: Q: Worried in Paris-Debian flaking out monitor?

> I was fine running Linux at 1152x864 under Mandarke but since I've switched
> to Debian and the same configuration, I've noticed the off monitor
> weirdness... like a sudden flash of light on boot, then the sudden visual
> "implosion" of my desktop screen, something which lasted a fraction of a sec
> but shook me.

as long as the horizontal and vertical refresh rates are below or at what was
quoted in your monitor manual, it will be fine.

the discrepency was probably just the monitor syncing to the different refresh
rate (as you changed from text mode)

cheers

--
Damien <bitwise@repose.cx> -  http://repose.ath.cx/

An age is called Dark not because the light fails to shine, but
 because people refuse to see it. -- James Michener, "Space"