Re: servers running debian

CricInfo (www.cricinfo.com) runs purely on Debian we currently have
around 30 servers around the world. Each server is a  Dual pentiums with
1G ram and each capable of serving well over 1 million page views during
a day's cricket. We also run all our back office machines on Debian,
though sadly we haven't managed to wean all the office stuff from M$ and
Apple.

Recently we upgraded all the older remote mirrors to potato from slink,
a task I would not have attempted without local support if we used
RedHat! Also an weekly apt-get update to fetch and install all security
patches is trivially simple. There are many problems of course just a
lot less than in any other OS or distribution and with redhat you don't
have #debian or these lists for support!

Jeff Green
Systems Manager Cricinfo