Re: unbootable 2.4.0-test10 (solved)

Thank you Moritz, the CPU type was the problem!

I thought the Celeron belonged to the Pentium III class since it is an
i686. The correct was to specify as follows:
CONFIG_M686=y
# CONFIG_M686FXSR is not set

Pentium II/Celeron/Pentium Pro  i686
Pentium III						i686FXSR (What does FXSR mean?)

Now if I only could get DRI to work on my G400 :(