Re: using cvs

Hi, again!

my first q was:
> >I'm trying to test 'gote'. But the only way of getting it is via cvs.
> >I've installed cvs, and now what. (please don't answer RTFM, but insted
> >point me to the right ones)

then i got the answer:
> OK :) Try the gote project page at
> http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=5176, which has full instructions
> (in my copy of it here, backslashes indicate line continuation):
>
>    This project's SourceForge CVS repository can be checked out through
>    anonymous (pserver) CVS with the following instruction set. The
>    module you wish to check out must be specified as the modulename.
>    When prompted for a password for anonymous, simply press the Enter
>    key.
>
>    cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.gote.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gote \
>    login
>
>    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.gote.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gote \
>    co modulename

And I tried this whit the following result:

<snippet>
tomas@burken:~$ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.gote.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gote
Usage: cvs [cvs-options] command [command-options-and-arguments]
  where cvs-options are -q, -n, etc.
    (specify --help-options for a list of options)
  where command is add, admin, etc.
    (specify --help-commands for a list of commands
     or --help-synonyms for a list of command synonyms)
  where command-options-and-arguments depend on the specific command
    (specify -H followed by a command name for command-specific help)
  Specify --help to receive this message

The Concurrent Versions System (CVS) is a tool for version control.
For CVS updates and additional information, see
    Cyclic Software at http://www.cyclic.com/ or
    Pascal Molli's CVS site at http://www.loria.fr/~molli/cvs-index.html
</snippet>

I also tried the version mentiod above with -z3, this didn't work either.

So I problaby screwed the cvs setup. I'll try to redo that, but in the meantime, maybe someone knows something else I could try.

regards,
tomas