Re: Archive/kernel problems

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Carel Fellinger wrote:
> Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 07:01:20 +1100
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> From: Carel Fellinger <cfelling@iae.nl>
> Subject: Re: Archive/kernel problems
>
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 01:49:49AM +1100, Kaleb Daark wrote:
> > I have now downloaded both kernel-source-2.2.17_2.2.17pre6-1.deb and
> > kernel-source-2.2.15_2.2.15-3.deb, first from ftp.de.debian.org,
> > ftp.au.debian.org, and ftp.debian.org which seemed to go OK, dpkg even
> ....more woes skipped
>
> and suddenly it downed, I had spurious corrupted dowloads in the past.
> fixed it with what is the name... to rearrange irq priority...
> installed hwtools... editted /etc/rc.boot/hwtools and replaced the line
> with #irqtune with /usr/lib/hwtools/irqtune
Gave this a try, but found that my system started segfaulting more often,
and the downloaded archives still did the same thing. Freshly downloaded
archived behaved the same way.....
This pretty well ensures that the problem is with my hardware, and so
raises my next question:
What programs are available which will run tests to confirm my suspicions
and identify what I need to replace?