Re: Archive/kernel problems

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 12:13:43AM +1100, Kaleb Daark wrote:
> After downloading kernel-source-2.2.17_2.2.17pre6-1.deb (for the third

I just tried it, downloading seems okee, but diffing it to an older
download gives an error in char 313705, line 1282. So it seems it has
been replaced lately with a faulty deb file. Unpacking both debs and
comparing gives us that indeed it is the bzipped sources that differ
in char 310000, line 1257. Better make this a bug report

For the time being you can try to download the real 2.2.17, or if you're
stuck with this pre6 thing try to download it from the source archives.
For me it seemed to work.

Just wait a sec, I've a fast internet connection waiting to be used:)
And yes downloading from ftp.de.debian.org works!  So point your apt
to this one and you'll get the correct one.

Leaves me wondering were to go for this bug
(corrupted file at e.g. ftp.debian.org).

--
groetjes, carel