Re: mutt

John-Mark írta, 2000-11-08, 00:21-kor kelt levelében, ami 35 sorból állt:

> I have just installed mutt on my system but can't see how to
> configure it any help much appreciated

Did you install mutt from a .deb package or from source?

I installed it from source, as it's much newer (1.2.5) then the
.deb package (in 'potato' it was 0.95). The source is available at
http://www.mutt.org/

Under mutt source dir, there is a /doc/manual.txt, which gives you
every details on how to configure mutt. It's quite big, 220 kB text!

I suppose that a similar 'manual.txt' should exist if you installed
mutt from a .deb package. Search for 'manual.txt'.

There should be an example '.muttrc' file, what you can transform to
your personal preferences. The '.muttrc' file gives you a minimal
info (as everything is in the manual.txt), but you can guess many
adjustable parameters just from reading the example '.muttrc' file.
(it's 13 kB in my case).

If you never used a similar mail program, maybe You should create a
file as  /var/spool/mail/$USER  (with you as owner of the file).

If you have basic questions, you can mail me directly, I try to help.

--
GYULAI Mihály   http://gyulai.freeyellow.com  Rejtő Jenő művei, Linux

Keress alternatívát !
Search for alternatives!