Re: inserting one postscript file into another

Brian May [bam@debian.org] wrote:

>     Rogerio> On Nov 09 2000, Shao Zhang wrote:
>     >> Could someone give me some hints? I looked the man page for
>     >> psselect and psmerge and still cannot figure it out.
>
>     Rogerio> 	Theoretically, it would be possible if psmerge worked
>     Rogerio> correctly (I unfortunately haven't got it to work as I'd
>     Rogerio> like).
>
>     Rogerio> 	Anyway, to split the first file in two files with the
>     Rogerio> pages you'd like, you might try to use gv, select the
>     Rogerio> pages accordingly and then save them to different files.
>
>     Rogerio> 	Then after that, you'd have three files and you'd use
>     Rogerio> psmerge to glue them together. But, as I've stated
>     Rogerio> before, I couldn't get it to work.
>
> It works OK for me...

Hi,
    Thanks for the script. Unfortunately, psmerge does not work for me.
    The two postscript files are very different. One is generated from a
    sgml document and the other one is from latex using the {report}
    class.

    Really, I just want to make this sgml document part of the appendix
    of the latex document. But I don't know how to convert sgml to
    latex, then include it, so I tried to merge the two PS files, but
    then I will loose all the pages numbers etc...

Regards,

Shao.
Shao Zhang - Running Debian 2.1  ___ _               _____
Department of Communications    / __| |_  __ _ ___  |_  / |_  __ _ _ _  __ _
University of New South Wales   \__ \ ' \/ _` / _ \  / /| ' \/ _` | ' \/ _` |
Email: shao@cia.com.au                                                  |___/