Re: Supported hardware for debian

Jostein Ågedal <jos@worldonline.dk> writes:
> Yea, this is probably the right way to go :) I'm totally new to
> Linux at the moment, spent several hours to choose debian as a
> distro.  So many choices...
>
> Actionally I have found some pages with Hardware compatibility for
> the newest red hat, mandrake++ Will it be at least 99% sure that if
> the hardware work with one distro, it will work with the rest?

Yeah, I'd say 99% is fair, maybe even 100%. I don't know of any
hardware that only works with one distro, or a select group
distros. But, like I said, get yourself a list together and post it
here and we can help you spot any potential weak links as far as
Debian working on the hardware you choose.

Gary