From: "Gary Hennigan" <glhenni@sandia.gov>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 11:27 PM
Subject: Re: Supported hardware for debian

Jostein Ågedal <jos@worldonline.dk> writes:
> I am preparing to buy a new machine to run debian linux 2.2.  As Im
> buying it solely for linux, I would like any good advices on what
> sort of hardware would be recommended for debian Linux.  Maybe any
> of you have some good links or personal experience on this?

Well, I'd stick to a computer if you're thinking of running
Linux. I've heard of some projects trying to get toasters and coffee
makers running Linux but they're still in the early alpha stage! ;)

Seriously, it'd probably be easier, and much more efficient, for you
to come up with a list of hardware you'd like to purchase and let the
list readers tell you what's good and what's not. After all, the list
of hardware compatible with Linux is pretty large!

A good place to start might be the list of vendors that sell machines
with Linux preinstalled. Here's the URL:

http://www.linux.org/vendors/systems.html

Gary