Re: Soundblaster PCI 128

>> The last days I've read some messages that I should use the es1370 or
>> es1371
>> driver for that card. lsmod identified my card as es1371 so I've loaded

lsmod shows you what drivers you have got loaded - it doesn't identify
hardware. I have succesfully used es1371 with an SB PCI 128.

>> this
>> driver as module. But although my card seems to be found by the kernel,
>> there is nothing in /dev/sndstat.
>> Did i forget something to do?
>>
>> I also have no idea, which drivers are needed too, to get my soundcard
>> working (sound, soundcore, soundlow, ...)

>> cat /dev/sndstat:
>>
>> OSS/Free:3.8s2++-971130

es1371 is not an OSS module, and definitaly does not support
/dev/sndstat - not sure what /dev/sndstat actually does, but it looks
like a part of OSS, so it won't show a non-OSS driver.