Dead keys not working in kword+X4.0.1

Hi!

I don't know if this should be submited here or in the X or KDE lists.
Anyway, here goes...

I'm trying to keep my machine up to date with woody and the first
time I installed kde I was very happy because I could write dead
keys like "ã" (atilde) or "á" (aacute) directly.

After another update, and every time since then, the dead keys never
worked again, although they work in other KDE apps like konsole.

I hoped that X 4.0.1 would help with this quetion but it didn't.

Is this a bug in KWord? Should this be sent directly to the KDE folks
or is this a problem in my X configuration?

TIA,

Fernando