Re: Where on the disks 2.2 is LyX?

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 12:11:30PM +0100, Helgi Örn wrote:
> LyX (my favorite!) isn't on the potato cd's and not on the 'stable' list but you
> can find it on the 'unstable' list. It installs and works beautifully!

> > Where on the disks can I find LyX, assuming that they are there?
> > Roy

LyX is not in main, but in contrib, because it depends on the Xforms
library, which is not free.  There is a current effort under way to
port LyX to GTK+, I believe.  If you want LyX, add the relevant
contrib and non-free sections to your apt sources.list, and it will
install.

Andrew Sullivan                                      Computer Services
<sullivana@bpl.on.ca>                        Burlington Public Library
+1 905 639 3611 x158                                   2331 New Street
                                   Burlington, Ontario, Canada L7R 1J4