Re: XFree86 4.0.1

mheyes@lincolnfp.com wrote:

Hi,

I upgraded XFree86 yesterday to 4.0.1 and had several problems in
WindowMaker with the color mapping, ie can't find "black", "white" etc and

I had this problem, too. It was because the file /etc/X11/rgb.txt was blank. I took a valid one from another installation and installed it there. That did the trick. I'd be happy to send you mine if you want it.

I'd like to go back to 3.3.6 for awhile until things settle down. I
downgraded xserver-common, removed the new xserver for 4.0.1, and
reinstalled the 3.3.6 xserver-svga. Next I ran XF86Setup and configured the
server. When X started, my cursor is now a big, nasty square.

What else do I need to do to get back to a stable XFree86 server?

Sorry, can't help you with that.

--

Brian J. Stults
Doctoral Candidate