Re: xsession, bash_profile and xdm

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 12:07:43PM +0000, Thomas Halahan wrote:
> Dear deb-users,
>
> I want my .bash_profile to be read "globally" whenever I log in from
> xdm.  Previously in Redhat I would start X from /dev/tty1 which was a
> login shell.  However with debian I log in from xdm, and consequently
> none of my konsoles (I run KDE2) or xterms (/dev/pts/?) are are login
> shells by default.  This means that my bash profile is not read.
>
> Q>  Is there any way, in .xsessions or otherwise, to load my
> bash_profile "globally" when logging in from xdm?

Try linking ~/.bashrc to ~/.bash_profile:

ln -s ~/.bash_profile ~/.bashrc

Marcelo.

 Marcelo Ramos                  |      \/       __    |
 Debian 2.2 GNU/Linux 2.2.17    |              |_/    /
 Linux registered user #118109  |                    \
 mramos@montevideo.com.uy       |_____|\/|_____|\_____\

 Firma la peticion de drivers para Linux en :
 http://www.libranet.com/petition.spanish.html