xsession, bash_profile and xdm

Dear deb-users,

I want my .bash_profile to be read "globally" whenever I log in from
xdm.  Previously in Redhat I would start X from /dev/tty1 which was a
login shell.  However with debian I log in from xdm, and consequently
none of my konsoles (I run KDE2) or xterms (/dev/pts/?) are are login
shells by default.  This means that my bash profile is not read.

Q>  Is there any way, in .xsessions or otherwise, to load my
bash_profile "globally" when logging in from xdm?

Thanks

Tom