Re: Keyboard problems with xfree86 4.0.1

A little follow-up information. I have still not resolved this problem,
but have discovered that I can use the "dk" and "de" layout, and I
wouldn't get the error message in the log:

Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap

Any further assistance would be of enormous help.

Thanks!

Andre Berger wrote:
> Versuch mal
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>     Identifier  "Generic Keyboard"
>     Driver      "keyboard"
>     Option      "CoreKeyboard"
>     Option      "XkbRules"  "xfree86"
>     Option      "XkbModel"  "pc104"
>     Option      "XkbLayout" "de"
> EndSection

I have tried various combinations now, using only the entries you used
in your configuration. I have also tested using the "de" layout, and it
actually worked better than "no", except for a number of other keys such
as yz... At least the Alt Gr key worked. I checked the log when using
"de" and it did not report the following, as it did when using the "no"
layout:

Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap

Do you know what could cause this? And where do I find the keymaps that
are usable.

Cheers,
--
PhD student   http://www.item.ntnu.no/~meling/