Re: Q: Log kept what install and when

+ Jonathan Gift <jgift@wanadoo.fr>:

> Is there a log  kept by dpkg/apt-get/dselect of what installed and by date?
> Check status file reveals whether something is installed only.

Good question. I allways check the /usr/share/doc directory by mtime for
infos, what has been new installed/updated.

The following line lists the changed directories from the last week (-7
days). There may be other options (using 'ls -c' and some grep commands
a.s.o.).  But I am interessted in an apt or dpkg option, too.

$ find /usr/share/doc -type d -maxdepth 1 -mtime -7

Kai
--
:: mailto:kai.weber@gmx.net . http://www.tu-ilmenau.de/~bond/
:: for my pgp-key send a mail to: pgp-key@web.de