machine compromise??? port 3086 open on 2.2

Hi,

I was just running nmap on my Debian 2.2 box and noticed the following
output:

[root@herc /home/freedman]# nmap -sT osprey

Starting nmap V. 2.12 by Fyodor (fyodor@dhp.com, www.insecure.org/nmap/)
Interesting ports on osprey (192.168.0.1):
Port    State       Protocol  Service
22      open        tcp        ssh
25      open        tcp        smtp
53      open        tcp        domain
3086    open        tcp        sj3

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0 seconds

The sj3 service on port 3086 flicked into existence on this one scan but
was never in existence before or after.  I didn't even know what it was! A
Google search showed it to be Kanji Character output service, or something
similar.  I never explicitly installed or configured this, and have a
relatively plain-vanilla machine.  Is this cause for concern?  Does it
suggest my machine was compromised?  What should I investigate further?

Suggestions appreciated and gratefully received.

Thanks so much,

Daniel