Re: Duplex on etherpro-100?

"Eric N. Valor" wrote:

> I've got an Intel 82559-based NIC (Etherpro-100).  I'm wondering how I can
> (or if I can) configure the NIC to be full-duplex instead of autoconfigured.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> --
> Eric N. Valor
> Webmeister/Inetservices
> Lutris Technologies
> eric.valor@lutris.com
>
> - This Space Intentionally Left Blank -
>
> --

Take a look at these pages for information on modifying
the driver operation.

http://www.scyld.com/expert/modules.html

and also at

http://www.scyld.com/network/eepro100.html

These tell how to force the NIC into full duplex
mode.  The first is common to several drivers
and the second more specific to the Intel NIC.
The source code for the driver also gives
a few hints but I found these two pages to be of
more help.

--
tony mollica
tmollica@silcom.com