Re: [debian-user] GeForce2 w/ XFree86 4.0.1 [ a little new ]

Hi!

>--[Jonathan Wheelhouse]--<whsjnd@globalfreeway.com.au>
> On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 11:01:46PM -0800, Cisco.Addict wrote:
> > Sorry, is there any way i can get my GeForce2 GTS 64mb working in XFree86 4.0.1
> > (Im hopeing to be able to play Quake3)
> I've got a GeForce2 GTS 32mb; I followed tomshardware instructions (+
> others) to install and now I can play the quake 3 arena demo (looks
> great but is really gory).

I have a GeForce2 MX, but I still don't get 3D running. At first, kdm
crashes unless there is also an libGL.so.1 pointing to the _old_ libGL.so.
Then, when starting X, the screen is black for ~8 secs with some blue
flickers, before it switches to the right display mode (you can see an "old"
image there for a short time). That's strange, but doesn't really hurt.

But when I play anything with eg realplayer, it isn't accelerated - the CPU
usage goes up endlessly, and it's still slow (I'M just playing the
realplayer credit intro, so nothing too complicated).

I don't get any error messages in XF*log (except the one you noted, but DRI
is a driver architecture not supporting nvidia, so I guess it will stay
unused if you load it). Yes I do have the NVdriver compiled, although I got
some warnings (I don't remember too precisely right now).

> But doesn't seem to hurt anything. quake3 is really quick; looks good
> so I assume 3d performance is OK.

Okay, are there any .debs for Quake3, or where do I get it?

Btw, does anybody know .debs for kdevelop 1.2?

Yours, Rüdiger.

--
   http://www.ruediger-kuhlmann.de/