Re: KDE2 problems

    > hello!  i installed the kde2 debs and everthing worked fine.
    > then i made an update and now i can't start it at all.  the
    > output in .xsession-error is: *snip* ksplash: error in loading
    > shared libraries: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.3: undefined symbol:
    > getButtonShift__14QPlatinumStyleRiT1 kdeinit: error in loading
    > shared libraries: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.3: undefined symbol:
    > getButtonShift__14QPlatinumStyleRiT1 knotify: error in loading
    > shared libraries: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.3: undefined symbol:
    > getButtonShift__14QPlatinumStyleRiT1 ksmserver: error in loading
    > shared libraries: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.3: undefined symbol:
    > getButtonShift__14QPlatinumStyleRiT1 *snip*

    > maybe the packages from http://kde.tdyc.com are broken?  are
    > there any other places where i can get KDE2 packages?  and how
    > can i find out in which package libkdecore.so.3 is included?

    > - Daniel

    > -- Unsubscribe?  mail -s unsubscribe
    > debian-user-request@lists.debian.org < /dev/null

This sounds like a problem I had recently--check that libqt2.2 is
properly installed.  That's where this symbol is defined:

preyern@galaxy:/usr/lib/qt2/lib$ strings libqt-mt.so.2.2.1 | grep getButtonShift
getButtonShift__12QCommonStyleRiT1
getButtonShift__15QMotifPlusStyleRiT1
getButtonShift__14QPlatinumStyleRiT1
getButtonShift__13QWindowsStyleRiT1Y

HTH,
Norris

--
Dr. Norris Preyer                   preyern@cofc.edu
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy      (843) 953-7997 (voice)