Re: Using dpkg-buildpackage

dadecal@s2-selling.com wrote:
>I have been trying to build a debian package out of plain sources using
>deb-make

deb-make is largely obsolete. Use dh_make instead (from the dh-make
package).

>and dpkg-buildpackage. I need to pass an argument to configure
>(--with-qt2) but I don't know how to do it from dpkg-buildpackage. I know I
>can edit configure.in and set it there, but I don't think that's the way to
>go...

No, it isn't. Edit debian/rules, where the 'build' target (or, in newer
versions of dh-make, the 'configure' target) should be calling
configure.

You might be best off asking questions like these on the debian-mentors
mailing list.