Re: X4 lacking color definitions

--- brian moore <bem@cmc.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 10:37:54AM -0800, Brian wrote:
> > A fresh X install this morning made X4 an interesting
> surprise.
> >
> > One problem which I don't know which package to report the
> bug
> > to. Help?
> >
> > Programs like Netscape, fetchmailconf, etc consistently
> report
> > that they don't know colors anymore:
> >
> > Warning: Color name "black" is not defined
> > Warning: Color name "green" is not defined
> > Warning: Color name "red" is not defined
> > Warning: Color name "Gray60" is not defined
> > Warning: Color name "Black" is not defined
> > Warning: Color name "Blue" is not defined
> >
> > This produces several warning dialogs in Netscape, and
> prevents
> > programs like fetchmailconf from running.
> >
> > Memory says there used to be a color definition file in the
> > /usr/X11R6/lib hierarchy, but no longer so.
>
> xfree86-common: /etc/X11/rgb.txt
> xfree86-common: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt
>
> It's there in the current one  (4.0.1-1).

Not in mine there isn't.

snowfox@raccoon:~$ dpkg --search rgb.txt
xfree86-common: /etc/X11/rgb.txt
emacs20: /usr/share/emacs/20.7/etc/rgb.txt

snowfox@raccoon:~$ dpkg --status xfree86-common |grep Version:
Version: 4.0.1-1

Could this be broken by my having purged XFree86 3.x? I wonder
if the current xfree86-common isn't setting up a symlink where
it should.