Re: lost my backspace key - solved, new question

Hello everyone,

OK, I checked out the manpage for xmodmap and figured out how to get my
backspace key to work properly.  I then inserted the following line into
my ~/.bashrc file:
xmodmap -e "keycode 22 = BackSpace"
This does work. My question is, is this the best place to put such a
command?  Is there a better way to solve the problem?  BTW, I discovered
that my backspace key had been remapped to delete, giving me two delete
buttons.

Thanks,
David Bellows