Re: Q: What loaded /usr/i486-linuclibC1?

Hi,

Back again... Got things working. I'm forwarding my log in case I did
anything wrong.

What loaded /usr/i486-linuclibC1?
Now had a new /usr/i486-linuxlibC1. Noticed with dpkg -S that it made
the directories. Checked status and xlib6 installed as optional
priority. Further checking showed that xlib6g installed all it's
pointing to. In the xlib6.list file is Nov 2 unlike xlib6 Aug 01 and it
wasn't required by Gimp before that. I removed xlibc6 and it took xaw3d
with it. I ran ldconfig and got a missing xaw3d as above. Installed
xaw3dg this time since it seemed to fit with xlib6g. No libc6 required
here, but all Athena widget apps took on a 3d Motif look. I removed
xaw3dg and got an ldconfig reference to the missind xaw3d again. This
time I removed all reference to xaw3d in the ld.so.conf file and
ldconfig ran okay. I installed and removed xaw3dg this time without
comment. It looks like a program placed xawd in the ld.so.conf file and
it caused problems everytime I installed another program and it called
on ldconfig.

Thanks for the help. I hoep I did right. You helped me in the right
direction, though I wass up until 4am figuring out ldconfig ;)

Jonathan