Re: how to get the latest STABLE releases?

well, isn't this a bit stupid?
i mean, to get new MORE STABLE versions i have to use the UNSTABLE tree?
why aren't stable packages for the unstable tree moved to the potato tree?
am i dammned to use years old unstable software packages until woody is
released next year?
can i use single woody packets (e.g. licq) on a potato base without problems?
and what should i do to do so?
i mean, if i only want to update licq but remain in the potato tree for every
other package.
i know i still have to learn a lot but hey.. that's why i'm here :)