Re: Can't install Helix Gnome

Joel Dinel <kint@videotron.ca> writes:
JD> On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 06:03:37PM +0000, Greg Gilbert wrote:
 GG> Sounds like someone disobeyed the XFree86 maintainer when he said
 GG> not to build packages against the beta packages of XFree86 4. They
 GG> are on www.debian.org/~branden if you are willing to upgrade. If you
 GG> don't want to upgrade, you can just try and get the stuff you need
 GG> for gnome manually.
 GG>
JD>
JD> Aahhh that would explain it. I don't have any objections to
JD> upgrading to Xfree86 4.X. Is there a nice line I can add to my
JD> sources.list?

According to debian-devel-changes, it's now in unstable, which means
it's now only somewhat broken (according to the changelog) as opposed
to completely unreliable (according to Branden's Web page).  The
upshot of this is that you don't actually need to add anything to your
sources.list.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell