Re: libc6 header problems

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 06:31:05PM -0600, Pat Mahoney wrote:
> I keep getting these parse errors when trying to compile programs.
>
> compiling xmms (latest cvs):
>
> /usr/include/netinet/in.h:236: parse error before ('
> /usr/include/netinet/in.h:237: parse error before ('
> /usr/include/netinet/in.h:239: parse error before ('
> /usr/include/netinet/in.h:241: parse error before ('
>
> and when compiling ocsalib:
>
> /usr/include/string.h:37: parse error before `?'
> /usr/include/string.h:55: parse error before `?'
>
> I have latest (woody) deb's of libc6, libc6-dev, and gcc.  Anyone else
> have the same problem?  Are these bugs or is something on my system out
> of date?  (I'm between woody and potato).

I just got libc and libc6-dev 2.1.96-1.  Same problem.  Also, I am
about 98% woody (unlike last time).  I also know that my friend runs
debian woody and *is* able to compile xmms, for example.  I've tried
both the cvs version and the source deb.  My friend had the cvs.

A parse error seems like it should be an easy fix...too bad I'm
incompetent.  But why is this happening at all?  Obviously it is just
me or at least not most people (searching the mail archives turns up
nothing).

--
Pat Mahoney	<patmahoney@gmx.net>

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for
reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."
                -- Albert Einstein