Re: Mozilla M18 on potato (pentium100)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, J. Bruce Fields wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Pap Tibor wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Kristian Rink wrote:
> > > In this case I recommend downloading the standard Mozilla build directly from
> > >
> > > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/release-notes/
> > >
> > > where You will find several packages for Linux-x86 as generic Linux binaries
> >
> > On that page I've found Linux-i686 binaries only! This is the case, or
> > I've missed something? I suppose so that i686 binary won't run on simple
> > old pentium.
>
> I've run those "i686" binaries on a P150 and they work.  They're much too
> slow to be usable, though that may be the fault of the memory (32 megs)

Yes! At last I downloaded that binary, and tried it on my 100 MHz Pentium
box. It's not a speed recorder, but quite usable. I'm satisfied with its
performance. I have 64 megs memory in my computer.

Another question:

I would like to use java support with mozilla. I've got the sun java
plugin 1.2.2 on a CD. Can I install this into mozilla? I don't want to
download another plugin if it's not necessary. (My internet connection
through modem is quite expensive and slow.)

Thanks,
--Tibor Pap

e-mail: papt@edasz.hu
jabber: papt@jabber.com