Re: How get installer to get 1st pkgs from local HD?

guran remberg wrote:
> total wrote:
> > How can I get the debian installer to acquire the first set of packages
> > (which it wants) from my local HD (not the inet)?
>
> Hi
> I don't understand your 'algoritm' of the installation.
>
> After having installed the the rescue disk and the drivers, then the network is
> configured. After that the installation program asks for where to find the base2.tgz,
> and one of the options is a prevously mounted partition.  If this partition have been
> named by you to have the name /mnt/alfa, and if the directory has the name beta, then
> you should give the following information to the installation program
> /target/mnt/alfa/beta.
> Then the 15 or so MB will be installed from your hard drive.

Thanks guran.  What you describe is step 2 of my install procedure,
where the base2_2.tgz & drivers.tgz are loaded from my local HD.  That
it does fine. :-)   It's the next step, where it proceeds to dl 5MB
through the modem, that I want it to do differently - read the rest of
the base system deb files (which I've saved from a previous install)
from my local HD.

Any ideas?  Anyone know who wrote the installer?

Thanks.