Re: procmail and VM under emacs

%% Frodo Baggins <thehobbit@altern.org> writes:

  fb>   I use xemacs VM to read my email. I tried to install a
  fb>   .procmailrc
  fb> file into my homedir, but that give me some big problems. More
  fb> specifically, I told procmail to put my mail into ~/Mail/INBOX, which
  fb> is my vm-primary-inbox.

_Very_ bad idea.

  fb> But vm complains that INBOX has changed, which is normal I
  fb> think.... How should be procmail and vm be configured to work
  fb> together?

Check the VM FAQ, found under the homepage:

  http://www.wonderworks.com/vm/

And the VM-procmail FAQ:

  http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~smikes/emacs/vm-procmail.html

It does work great, so don't give up.  HTH!

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools