Broken Packages, system problems

Hi:

While trying to upgrade to the latest version of Gimp (1.28), I got my
system to the point that I cannot run apt-get or dselect.  apt-get returns
with a sementation fault.  dselect returns an error cod of 139 when I try
to update.

Anyways I am pretty sure that the problems arose from trying to install the
latest version of libc6.  It faile with dependency problems and after I
tried to resolve the dependencies, problems began.

How can I install the previous version of libc6?

Regards,

Robert Stevens