Re: ppp problem, who can help?

In message <39FEC903.F011B32E@uibk.ac.at>it was written:
>Gentlemen,
>
>I am trying ppp connection in between two linux boxes (basically to
>exchange files).
>1) I am able to connect from the one computer to the other. When run
>with the debug option, pppd informs that the connection is istablished
>and both ip-up scripts are fired up.
>2) I  am able to make ping on the boxes and route command lists the
>route to the other host correctly
>3) both telnet and ftp say
>e.g. ftp 10.0.0.2
>"connection refused"

By default debian doesn't install telnetd, which is required to accept
incomming telnets. It appears your ppp connection is working fine.

To transfer files you probably need the ftpd package or ssh package on both
ends to use scp (though if this is a physically secure connection ftpd would
probably work fine for you).

cheers

as always,
nick
            nick@grawk.net * http://www.fargus.net/nick
    Developer - Systems Engineer - Mad System Guru - MOO Sales
    he picks up scraps of information/he's adept at adaptation
because for strangers and arrangers/constant change is here to stay