Re: root file system

on Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 03:34:57PM -0500, Anderson, Tim    TL33E (Tim.Anderson@ace-ina.com) wrote:

> [...]

    for dir in $( find . -type d )
    do
        echo "$dir: $( du -sSc $dir/* | grep total )"
    done

Note that this will create problems for files with spaces.  So, let's
try:

sh -f <<EOF
$( find . -type d | sed -e '/.*/s//echo -e "& $( du -sSc "&/*" )/' ) | grep total )
EOF

...well, ok, that doesn't quite work but it should provide some useful
hints.