apache and ssi (OT)

Hi!

I´ve installed apache and php3, which both work exactly as expected. Of
course, there is an exception as to every rule :(

SSI only works in the default host, not in namevhosts. After some hours
of debugging and trial+error (and searching both archives and the web)
I now have to resort asking this (not debian-specific, therefore
off-topic by definition) question here: Why doesn´t it work?

I´ve cloned all+every entry from the default host, to no avail. At the
moment my vhost config looks like this:

<VirtualHost ip.ad.re.ss>
    ServerAdmin some@one
    DocumentRoot /home/user/html
    ServerName host.name
    ErrorLog /home/user/logs/error_log
    CustomLog /home/user/logs/access_log common
  <Location />
      AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
      Options +Includes +FollowSymlinks
      AllowOverride None
      Options None
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
  </Location>
</VirtualHost>

I´m trying to call a simple .php3 like
<!--#include virtual="test.php3"-->
out of index.shtml, but the spitted-out page has
<!--#include virtual="test.php3"--> in it, so obviously it isn´t parsed
at all.

I´m at a loss here: SSI should be correctly configured (it works in
the default host), I´ve tried everything I could think of...

Any hints from the clueful?

TIA,
&rw
--
/  Ing. Robert Waldner  | Network Engineer | T: +43 1 89933  F: x533 \
\ <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> |    KPNQwest/AT   | Diefenbachg. 35, A-1150 /