Re: NO DIAL TONE

On 30 Oct 2000, Eduardo Gargiulo wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm using pppconfig and pon to connect to Internet.
> Last week, I add the answering system service of my telephone company. Now, my dial tone is not continuous and when I try to connect to my ISP, my modem reports 'NO DIAL TONE'.
> How can I tell my modem in cahtscript that don't wait for dial tone before dialing?
>
> Thanks and sorry for my english.
>
> --

I think you should comment out or delete the words in
/etc/chatscript/provider that say:

  ABORT "NO DIAL TONE"

I've found that on my system I have to delete

	ABORT "NO CARRIER"

otherwise the modem keeps cutting out before making a connection.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.2 (Windows-free zone)
Over 100 book reviews: http://www.cix.co.uk/~acampbell/bookreviews/

"Palo y tente tieso." (Spanish proverb)
Free translation: "Holdfast is your only dog."