Re: root file system

Art Edwards <edwardsa@thuntek.net> writes:

> I'm noticing that my root file system has filled up. I'm having a very

And what do you have on you root-partition? /var peharps?

> BTW, what is the file kcore? It seems to be very big.

Do you mean /proc/kcore? it is a projection of you memory into the
file system. The files in /proc does not take up space on you harddisk
and you won't be able to delete them without kernel-hacking (and you
wouldn't gain much from it)

--
"If I had been brought up in a different time [...] perhaps I'd
 be totally comfortable in ML and would find C unsafe, a little