Re: [SLUG] apt/dpkg database error

ok basically when you remove any debian package theres a script called
prerm that gets run. In this case it's probably trying to shutdown the
database or something. But for some reason it's seg faulting which is
not a good sign ( Is this the bit where I get to bag out mysql and carry
on about postgres :).

	Anyway my probably evil solution to this problem is the
following.

cd into
/var/lib/dpkg/info

ls mysql-server*

there should be a file called mysql-server.prerm

this is the script that's being run. OK here's the evil bit

edit the script and comment out whichever line you think is causing the
sef fault and try to apt-get remove again.

/mw wondering if Anad or Gus are going to shoot me down in flames for
this method :)