Modem sharing.

I've got a laptop with modem and NIC that is linked to my server box. I'd
like to be able to share the internet connection on my laptop from my server
(apt-get is what I'm after). I'm running debian 2.2 on both. I understand
that it should be a simple matter of setting up IPCHAINS a-la HOWTO.
My problem is that I dont understand how the DNS lookup works, do I need to
setup bind ?

If I try to ping an internet host from my server the IP traffic should be
routed to my laptop. How do I get the DNS lookup on my server to use the
dynamic DNS hosts specified by my ISP on my laptop.

My network is server 192.168.10.1 and laptop 192.168.10.2, network name
eternal
The resolv.conf on my server is,
# search Our Domain first
#