Re: ipchains and netfilter on 2.4.0-test9

Bob Bernstein [poobah@ruptured-duck.com] wrote:

>     PJS> i'd like to learn how to drop packets coming from a
>     PJS> particular host -- is there a netfilter howto yet?  i didn't
>     PJS> see anything on LDP.
>
> Have you checked the kernel docs?

By kernel docs, do you mean /usr/src/linux/Documentation/?

On another kernel 2.4.0 related matter...  Apparently with 2.4 there
is a new mount you need to add to fstab:

none                    /dev/shm        shm     defaults        0       0

Are you supposed to manually create the /dev/shm directory?

And even when I do this, "free" says that shared isn't used at all ---
what's the deal here?

Cheers,

Mark.

--