Re:gtk-script: where and what is it? + package conflicts

> Are you sure it wasn't looking for 'gtk-config'? I just ran make on
> the 0.1b2 tarball and there was no mention of 'gtk-script'. Seemed to
> build ok.
>
> Can you post a listing of what you're seeing?

ah yes, it is gtk-config I was missing.  I went on to
install libgtk1.2-dev as someone else suggested.

This however leads me to another topic.  What to
do about conflicts?  In the below trace `dpkg' won't
depends on a slightly different version of libgtk1.2
than I have installed.  At this point I decide to stop
because I don't know the consequences of replacing
my the helix version with the other.  I suppose it
takes more detective work,  and more time than I
wanted to spend.

I was attracted to this netferret tool because in my
win98 days I had actually paid for a similar tool called
"web ferret".

cronyx:packages [264] dpkg -i libgtk1.2-dev_1.2.8-1.deb
(Reading database ... 66176 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace libgtk1.2-dev 1.2.7-1 (using libgtk1.2-dev_1.2.8-1.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libgtk1.2-dev ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libgtk1.2-dev:
 libgtk1.2-dev depends on libgtk1.2 (= 1.2.8-1); however:
  Version of libgtk1.2 on system is 1.2.8-helix2.
 libgtk1.2-dev depends on libglib1.2-dev; however:
  Package libglib1.2-dev is not installed.
 libgtk1.2-dev depends on xlib6g-dev; however:
  Package xlib6g-dev is not installed.
dpkg: error processing libgtk1.2-dev (--install):
 libgtk1.2-dev