Re: LI at boot after making \boot reiserfs

David Teague [dbt@elentari.cs.wcu.edu] wrote:

> Would someone please give me a reference on the reiserfs?  That is a
> new fs on me. What advantage does it have over e2fs?

Have a look at:

http://www.namesys.com/

Basically, reiserfs is a journalling file system which gives better
performance (faster file access) and which comes up very quickly after
a power failure.  With ext2fs, if you have a blackout, you need to do
e2fsck on it which sometimes takes ages.  With reiserfs, the file
system comes uptodate in a matter of seconds.  I'm using it and am
very happy with it.

Cheers,

Mark.

--