Re: Recovering net connection. (kinda long)

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000 10:35:11 -0700 (PDT), Steve Juranich said:

> Every once in a while, @home has a service outage (a little more frequently
>  in my case since I live out in the sticks).  Of course, when the net
>  connection is down, I can't ping my router, or gateway, or anything other
>  than my local box.
>
>  The problem is that it seems that after @home has their end back up and
>  running, the only way that I can get my net connection back is to reboot my
>  machine.  There _has_ to be another way to do

	Well i have a GI sb3100 cable modem and to solve this
problem all i have to do is reboot the modem by unplugging
the ac power cord , waiting 20 secs and replugging.
	Incidently if you know your modems ethernet ip address,
(mine is 192.168.100.1) just point your browser at it for some
info and help pages.

--
gEEk||dOOd^Deb+iaN&&XFce$aaZZ goes<Pronto>(-_-)