Re: Recovering net connection. (kinda long)

I heard that Steve Juranich wrote this on 28/10/00:

> So, I know that one way to fix this problem is to reboot my box, but I don't
> want to have to do that every time @home drops my connection.

I use NetCabo (a portuguese cable internet provider).

We sometimes have this problem, as NetCabo frequently has service
interruptions and, after that, I can't ping any machine besides my own.

I usually do this instead of rebooting:
	dhcpcd -k eth1
	dhcpcd -R eth1
(note that my internet NIC is eth1, and that I use the -R option in dhcpcd,
which not everyone uses)...

If you are using pump instead of dhcpcd, try this:
	pump -i eth1 -k
	pump -i eth1
That should do it...

Regards, sena...