Re: KDE2 dependence problem

I am having similar problems, but not as frequently as you are.

Backtracing the fault provides no information, either.

//Todd

Anthony Fox <adf5j@cs.virginia.edu> on 10/27/2000 02:08:44 AM

Sent by:  Anthony Fox <adf5j@cs.virginia.edu>

To:   debian-user@lists.debian.org
cc:    (Todd La Pittus/HQ/3Com)
Subject:  Re: KDE2 dependence problem

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Peter Fedichev wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have seen a couple of "I have installed KDE2" reports here. How have
> you managed, since .debs on ftp.kde.org seem to require libgl1?
>
> Thanks in advance

I apt-got kde2 debs from http://kde.tdyc.com.  It installed without a
hitch on my potato box.  The appropriate line in your sources.list file is

deb http://kde.tdyc.potato kde2

kde2 is another story though.  kde2 apps seem to be crashing on me left
and right.  Within 5 min of starting up, the little kde2 clipboard app
crashes and pops up an annoying segfault warning window.  Then, every time
I exit an app from within the kde2 window manager (i.e. kde2 and non-kde2
apps), I get the annoying segfault warning window explaining to me that
the app crashed.

Is anyone else experiencing these same problems?